V.P. Vasuhan

Musée National de la Marine - Toulon 

Le musée national de la Marine de Toulon est installé depuis 1981 à côté de la tour de l'Horloge de l'arsenal, l'un des rares sites historiques à avoir survécu à la Seconde Guerre mondiale1.Véritable mémoire de l'arsenal de Toulon dont il conserve la majestueuse porte monumentale datée de 1738, le musée possède une collection de modèles de vaisseaux et de galères. Le musée de la Marine de Toulon fait partie avec les musées de Paris, Brest, Rochefort et Port-Louis du musée national de la Marine. Son existence est intimement liée à l'histoire de son port et de son arsenal. On y accède par l'ancienne porte datant de 1738.

Pic LC 2019.07.28

 


Takashi TOKUNAGA ( Peintre 1950)




photo 2016

 
Vladimir Veličković ( Peintre 1935 - 2019)

Veličković graduated from the Faculty of Architecture at Belgrade University. From 1963 to 1966, he was an assistant in Krsto Hegedušić’s master workshop in Zagreb. In 1965, he was honoured with a prize at the Biennale in Paris, where he moved to the following year. Veličković gained public attention in 1967 with an exhibition at the Galerie du Dragon in Paris, which established him as one of the leading artists of the Narrative Figuration art movement. In 1983 he was elected professor at the École nationale supérieure des Beaux-Arts in Paris, and taught there until 2000. In 1985 he was elected a member of Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts (SANU) and Honorable doctor of science at University of Kragujevac. He was honoured with the highest French award in the field of culture and arts, the Commander of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres. His paintings were exhibited in many countries in Europe and Americas since 1951. - Photo 2015.

André Derain (1880-1954)  - Le séchage des voiles (Bateaux de pêche), 

Collioure , 1905 Huile sur toile 82 x 101 cm 

Musée des Beaux-Arts Pouchkine, Moscou

Collioure
Collioure is a town on the Mediterranean coast of southern France. On the sea, the medieval Château Royal de Collioure offers dramatic coastal views. The bell tower of 17th-century Notre-Dame-des-Anges Church was once a lighthouse. The Modern Art Museum includes paintings by Henri Matisse. Nearby is the Moulin de Collioure, a 14th-century windmill. South, the hilltop Fort St. Elme has a museum with medieval weapons. Painting on the wall by  André Derain.
photo LC 2015.08.31
Château d'Amboise
Leonardo da Vinci - Rome and France (1513–1519)

In October 1515, King Francis I of France recaptured Milan. Leonardo was present at the 19 December meeting of Francis I and Leo X, which took place in Bologna. In 1516, Leonardo entered Francis' service, being given the use of the manor house Clos Lucé, near the king's residence at the royal Château d'Amboise. Being frequently visited by Francis, he drew plans for an immense castle town the king intended to erect at Romorantin, and made a mechanical lion, which during a pageant walked toward the king and—upon being struck by a wand—opened its chest to reveal a cluster of lilies. Leonardo was accompanied during this time by his friend and apprentice Francesco Melzi, and supported by a pension totalling 10,000 scudi. At some point, Melzi drew a portrait of Leonardo; the only others known from his lifetime were a sketch by an unknown assistant on the back of one of Leonardo's studies and a drawing by Giovanni Ambrogio Figino depicting an elderly Leonardo with his right arm assuaged by cloth.The latter, in addition to the record of an October 1517 visit by Louis d'Aragon, confirms an account of Leonardo's right hand being paralytic at the age of 65, which may indicate why he left works such as the Mona Lisa unfinished. He continued to work at some capacity until eventually becoming ill and bedridden for several months.
Omaha on the afternoon of D-Day june 1944
Photo by - Annick  
Omaha, commonly known as Omaha Beach, was the code name for one of the five sectors of the Allied invasion of German-occupied France in the Normandy landings on June 6, 1944, during World War II. "Omaha" refers to an 8-kilometer (5 mi) section of the coast of Normandy, France, facing the English Channel, from east of Sainte-Honorine-des-Pertes to west of Vierville-sur-Mer on the right bank of the Douve River estuary. Landings here were necessary to link the British landings to the east at Gold with the American landing to the west at Utah, thus providing a continuous lodgement on the Normandy coast of the Bay of the Seine. Taking Omaha was to be the responsibility of United States Army troops, with sea transport, mine sweeping, and a naval bombardment force provided predominantly by the United States Navy and Coast Guard, with contributions from the British, Canadian and Free French navies.